Saturday, January 26, 2008

Palazzo Hotel and Casino


Heath and I had another day off together for the first in awhile. We try to take Cole somewhere to see the sites or experience something new. On Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we went out to the strip. We stopped at the Venetian first. I'm not sure what Heath was looking for, but I needed some new shoes! We strolled the Canal Shoppes, peeking at the gondola riders, some of who were enjoying opera-style singing conducteurs. I don't know if they were instructed to do that or if they were getting carried away. It was interesting to see the expressions on the guests' faces. Cole tried to climb out of his stroller and through the stone railing to see what was going on. We eventually made it to the courtyard where we found a mime or one of those guys who pretends to be a statue (I'm not sure what they're called). After some time admiring the scenery, restaurants, and shops, some puppeteers and opera singers came out to entertain the crowds and give the mime a break. We got a good shot of it all with the video camera; Cole was even dancing part of the time in his stroller! Very cute. We made our way to the Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino (the old Aladdin shoppes). We had lunch at the Cheeseburger Las Vegas (which in Hawaii it's called Cheeseburger in Paradise). That was probably the first meal in a restaurant Heath and I were able to finish since Cole arrived. I kept the drink umbrellas for our scrapbook. Cole got a new friend from the Build-A-Bear there. He loves his furry friends! The new Palazzo was connected to one of these hotels. If I remember correctly, it was our stop after the courtyard in the Venetian that we checked out the Palazzo. The shops weren't ready, but they were there. It was beautiful with it's candle lit lantern walkways, dramatic waterfall, and garden including statues at the entrance which were visible from the second floor balcony. The statues actually looked like they were ice sculptures, but it was just an interesting visual effect. We ended the day with a ride home a little lighter than when we started...but comforted by the fact that we'll save on gas mileage! We look forward to our next break together and what new and exciting events we can share.

No comments: