We took the kids to the District Trick-or-Treating this year and to their "Ghost Walk" hoping for something different and interesting. The District at Green Valley Ranch Hotel and Casino is an outdoor shopping mall, a true Mall in that it is a street that is blocked from cars and has shops on both sides of the street. It is a favorite shopping place of mine that I shopped regularly my first year of teaching when I was revamp my wardrobe from the Hawaii beach wear and lifeguarding job to becoming a teacher. Now, mind you, I have neither the funds nor motivation and still wear the wardrobe from five years ago! That's quality, folks! Also, I would rather spend my money on pink baby clothes! Remember, Cole's wardrobe has been provided by my generous coworkers and will last/have sizes up to 6! He's still in a 2-3! Off the subject...so the Ghost Walk was interesting with Circus tents and characters handing out candy. The shops side was reminiscent of the Galleria Mall last year with a line of people snaking and blocking all of the shops. We staying on the street catching sight of oddly placed merchants and Trick-or-Treated with them!
After all, there was no contest of obtaining the most candy that night. We just wanted Cole and Alora (Mommy and Daddy, too!) to see the costumes and experience the evening. But really, Mommy just wanted to show off her little Snow White!
No comments:
Post a Comment