Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Night Out


This is what they did with the lights between competitors entrances...drama!

There are huge screen, like in most arenas, showing what they had live on Pay-per-view...some points of the fight, they had better view, so I was looking at them a lot!

Tim Silva enters the octagon...

Tim Silva is introduced...dang all those people with the contraband cameras! So much glare! It was pretty exciting...


One great thing about Las Vegas is that there's always something huge going on...and for free! Working for a casino has its perks. Heath scavenged some tickets from work; enough for the two of us and several of his best friends. I had the distinct pleasure of sitting next to the one who was already inebriated when we arrived. Explanation to follow. Heath and I had our second dining out just the two of us since Cole arrived (first being our anniversary)! We were interrupted by H&R Block, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, we planned our evening or rather, Heath did, so that we would arrive in time for the Pay-per-View portion of the festivities. I had seen on the tickets "No cameras, no filming", but I found out when we got there, not many complied. I resorted to using Heath's camera phone, so you'll have to excuse the quality of the photos. There were several fights before I recognized any of the fighters. The final fight was the most interesting--Tim Silva lost by guillotine to someone I'll have to edit in later. The evening was interesting, but I missed Cole the whole time!

No comments: