Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patrick's Weekend Festival




Heath found some information about this event for the weekend. We drove straight out to old Henderson as soon as Heath got off work on Friday in hopes of seeing the Petting Zoo. We thought Cole would enjoy it. We parked on the street and took our time walking around looking at the games and rides. Heath got a funnel cake with powdered sugar (yum!) and I got a "hand-dipped" corn dog. The corn dog was very coated, oily, and crunchy. We walked what we thought was the entire grounds before concluding there must have been a mistake. No petting zoo. We promised to return the next day to find it. We packed up into the truck and started driving home. There it was! Somehow it was hidden, but it was on the other end of our walk. We found it today, Saturday. It was a measly dollar for admission...can't beat that! Heath took Cole into the pen while I watched with the camera. After meeting a few animals, Cole wanted to walk around on his own to say hi! We weren't comfortable with that considering there was a lady in there walking around with a --scooper. Cole was particularly fond of the little black sheep. As I watched him pat its back, I wondered if it would kick him. All the animals were pretty sweet. I tried to get a photo to show what was all there. Enjoy the photos!

No comments: