This is our family. We don't get much time together, but we try to make the most of the time we do have together. I hope you enjoy watching us play and the children grow! Send us a note sometime to let us know what you think of our adventures!
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Kindergarten - check!
Amazing how quickly it's gone, but just as they say, kids grow up quickly and right before your eyes! Cole is now in the first grade! I am so thankful we are able to journalize the kids activities and growth with photo and video logging; otherwise, I would have no memories to share with them! My memory fades with every passing day. This sickness has been a challenge and continues to frustrate me as well as Heath on a weekly if not daily basis. It's a learning process, I suppose; one for any to learn and cope with. I was not able to return to work with the frequency of my flare-ups, but for the same reason, I have been blessed with time with the kids. It has been a very trying time full of adjustments, sacrifices and growth, but we are thankful for what remains.
Cole did well in half-day kindergarten while Alora practiced pre-school at home with me. Alora withdrew from ballet afraid of being in class with strangers while Cole moved up to blue belt in Kung Fu. He is now also in soccer and Boy Scouts; busy kid, but it seems to be necessary and beneficial to his social development. He is exhibiting more self-esteem and confidence as well as better behavior at home. Alora may have to be home-schooled with her separation anxiety, but I expect that to wear off at some point.
Our trip to see family for the holidays was better than I hoped; the weather was perfect for the season! It was mild on our entire drive out to Arkansas and snowed Christmas Eve! We made it home to Las Vegas in time for Heath to return to work at the Constables office. He is now working for the Piute Tribal Police which he has hoped for since the Constable work was entirely too stressful. He continues to search for safer areas to live and work in, but for now, Vegas is home.
The Stephens' family is growing with Heath's sister, Stacey, welcoming her first baby on October 21st. We met Mckinlee on Tuesday and her gift from us arrived to her yesterday. She is a sweet baby as I remember Alora was. We are certainly blessed! Photos to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment