I was afraid that the last post would be the end of Alora's sweetness, but we have truly been blessed! She eats every three hours and sometimes goes six hours with her naps. Unfortunately for me, I can never tell when that's going to happen...it's usually during the day when Cole is running around screaming, so I have yet to sleep more than four hours a night with the exception of one or two nights, since we brought her home from the hospital! I have adjusted, I think. Even if she doesn't wake me up after four hours, I seem to startle myself awake to check on her...plus, I'm nursing, so I have to deal with the aches of that.
Alora doesn't cry much and when she does, it's not the piercing sound that you normally hear that makes you do anything to stop it. Her cry is progressive and could almost be described as singing. When she gets hungry, she starts out squirming and grunting. When she finally wakes herself up, she'll make a sound like she's calling you, Hello? After a few of those, she starts to sound like a baby crocodile. It's actually pleasant unless she continues to be ignored.
She smiles a lot. She even tries to talk to us. "Ah-oo...ah-oo..." especially after her diaper changes or feedings when she hasn't fallen back asleep.
We have also been blessed with an adorable supply of baby girl clothes...hand-me-downs from my friend/co-worker who had a little girl in April. Her baby grew so quickly, much of the clothes she didn't even get to wear! We have a generous supply for Alora's first year. Some of the newborn clothes are for the summer and we're in the winter, but I don't know if Alora will even get to wear it all. There's just so much! Thanks to Sarah and Paige! I am embracing the pink!
When we found out I was pregnant again, we were sure it was a boy. I held out on buying anything pink even after the first ultrasound when the said it was a girl. Afterall, doctors make mistakes sometimes. After the second ultrasound, all the pink stuff from Sarah, and the baby shower, I definitely embrace the pink! I have never really been and girly-girl, but that is changing! I want everything pink now, for Alora and I'm thinking about replacing my wardrobe! I love Alora! She is so sweet, an angel! If you think I'm crazy, you'll see...when you hold her, talk to her, or hear her cry! You'll be hooked, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment